Monday, December 5, 2011

Frankinstein

Frankenstein

Mary Shelley

1818

Frankenstein, I wanted to revisit Frankenstein for the whole semester. I was originally assigned back in 8th grade for summer read, but having the attention span of a fly I couldn't really glad ahold of what I was reading back then nor could I get pass the 2nd chapter. Now that I have had a chance to reread it I found that it is nothing like I remembered it to be and is completely opposite to what I imagined it to be. Coming in I had this precption that the monster (Frankenstein) would sorta be the villain but it lean towards more of Victor Frankenstein being the monster. But after reading this I feel that both were sort of the villain in there own right. I mean that I feel that neither can really justify their actions through out the entire story.

Yes, Victor was wrong and a monster himself for creating something that has no right in defying the natural balance and order of life. Once we die, we die, thats it. Victor disturbed that due to obsession and arrogance into thinking he could control it. Which was quite funny seeing him run away in terror after awaking to the monster towering over him. But still due to the error of his ways he ends up losing everyone he cares dear about. By the end of the story Victor is a broken hallow of a man fueled only by revenge and is left to die angry and unsatisfied. However I would like to note that I do commend Victor on not repeating his same mistakes twice. I like that he did learn from his mistakes, even though it might have been through shear fear, and did not create a bride for his monster.

However, when I hear about the monster (Frankenstein), I hear that he is the victim and that he doesn't do anything hardly wrong. Which in my opinion is complete BS. When I was little people called (Frankenstein) a monster because of his looks and background. No, (Frankenstein) is a monster because he has actually killed people, innocent people that had really no involvement with Victor and his experiments. Even through I see way (Frankenstein) is angry at his creator for what he has done to him. What gives this being the right to kill innocents that just happen to me tied to Victor in some from or fashion. He even infected damage on people without even realizing it with Justine Mortiz, whom died for his crimes.

In my opinion both are kinda monsters in there own way Victor for disturbeding the natural order of life and death. And (Frankenstein) for being aware of his actions and stilling killing people to meet his own needs and desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment