Monday, December 5, 2011

Empire Star

Empire Star

Neal Stephenson

1992


Snow Cash was one of the funniest stories I had a chance to read this semester. I really enjoyed the plot, characters, and overall setting of the story. The plot is very simple: Basically try to stop the spread of a drug/virus that has the potential to kill everyone it touches. Snow Cash is what the drug is call and it is unlike any drug that I have seen before. Not only is it real virus but it is also a computer virus too, which is both weird and unique at the same time. This virus has the ability to literally fry your brain and its up to our hero, literally named Hiro, to stop this from happening of course.

Hiro is a very interesting character; even his introduction into the story was quite entertaining. Working as Pizza Delivery boy for his Uncle Enzo's CosaNostra Pizza Company. Which I find quite funny and reliving, that old establishments, such as pizza delivery would still apply in the far the future. Hiros description of a character is that he is a hacker, an expert swordfighter, and a pizza delivery boy. . .  This is like every nerd's dream role model. Hiro's character is funny, cocky, and never really boring, to me at least. And the same can go for the other characters in the book. I found myself wanting to come back to this book, cause I actually cared and was interested to see what would happen to these characters on their journey. The pace of this story was easy for me to keep up with so I didn't have to struggle as hard to read to. The environment and technology in the story were really cool. And although the story was very dark at times I still felt an attraction to this story this book that only made me keep reading more until there was nothing left. Now I am not saying that this story is a masterpiece or one of the greatest books that I have ever read. I am just saying that it is a book that I found very entertaining and kind of a stress reliever.

No comments:

Post a Comment